- 4/01/19: Relative recency and quantity variables updated from binary to gradual. Recency variable max set at 10 reviews per trailing 180-days to earn full credit for recency criteria.
- 11/01/18: Addition of Share of Voice variable to the HT Score Read more
- 04/27/18: Removal of profile completeness incentive Read more
- 10/23/17: Change to minimum review threshold Read more
10/17/17: HotelTechScore now out of 100 Read more
How is the HotelTechScore Calculated?
Hotel Tech Report's mission is to speed up the pace of global innovation by making it easier for hoteliers to discover and adopt new products (and thus easier for vendors to sell their products) by creating transparency in the market--so when it comes to our own policies and methodologies, we like to practice what we preach.
Remember, the Hotel Tech Score isn't meant to place judgement on vendors, it is meant as a way to help bring transparency to the market by incentivizing vendors to share product information and customer reviews with hotel tech buyers to help them make better, faster and more informed decisions.
So if you have a great product that customers love, you're going to love the HotelTechScore. If you don't, its never too late to work on improving your product and/or customer service.
There are essentially 2 main variables that your score is calculated based off of:
- Customer ratings: How do your customers rate your products and services (aka. customer ratings)?
- Review quantity (aka. minimum review threshold): Do you have enough customer feedback to be useful to buyers and comparable within your category?
- Review recency (aka. Share of Voice): Are your reviews recent and relevant to give hoteliers an accurate portrayal of your current products and services? Or are your reviews antiquated and dated? Make sure your company has AT LEAST 10 reviews in the last 6-months to earn credit for this variable.
Remember, the Hotel Tech Score is just a way to take all of the feedback and thousands of data points from users and boil it down into one simple number to help buyers be able to quickly skim the site and find the best tech for their hotel.
Want to see manually calculate your HT Score to check it?
Want to improve your HotelTechScore?
- Best Practices for Setting Up a Review Strategy
- Become a Premium Member to unlock the power of the Review Manager in the vendor dashboard
Have any questions or feedback?
Just like you, our community of top hotel tech vendors, we value feedback so don't be shy! If you have ideas of how you think we can improve the Hotel Tech Score, please let us know via the on-site live chat.