Update 12/18: Data will be sent to all participants for review on December 20, 2020 (2 days delayed) and you will have 48-hours prior to the dark period.
On December 15th, the awards period comes to an end and all companies will have had a full 14-weeks (Sept 1-Dec 15) to earn as many points as possible per the competition scoring rubric. Please note that to ensure a fair competition for all participants, the December 15th deadline is firm and final with NO EXCEPTIONS. Below are the processes for analyzing final data and determining winners at the end of the awards period.
- ✅ December 9-10 Review Inbox Access Period
- 🏁 December 15: Competition Deadline
- 🧮 December 20-22: Analysis and Data Audit
- 🌚 December 21-31: Winner Determination + Dark Period
- 🤫 First Week of January: Winners Notified
- 🥇 Tuesday January 12, 2020: Public Announcement of Winners
- What should I be focused on leading into the final stretch of the awards?
- Will the review manager be unlocked again to submit last minute verifications for reviews where the user didn't click the verification link?
- If I'm showing in 1st place in the leaderboard on December 15th @ 5pm when data is frozen does that mean I've won my category?
✅ December 9-10 Review Inbox Access Period
- The review manager will be unlocked for all awards participants from Wednesday December 9th @ 8am PST until Thursday December 10th @ 5pm PST
- All companies participating in the awards will have a chance to get any unverified reviews verified in advance of the awards closing on December 15th
- Companies will have one chance to submit manual verification for any rejected reviews eligible (ie. as long as the review (a) meets HTR's review guidelines and (b) was left using a valid email address that did not bounce)
- Please remember that any rejected reviews have all had four available methods and 3-different chances/reminders to verify (view detail), so manual verifications are a fifth and FINAL option for eligible reviews. As long as your submission meets the required verification guidelines outlined in our help center and on the submission modal, they will be approved. If they do not meet these guidelines upon first submission, it will be rejected with no further chances to verify
🏁 December 15: Competition Deadline
- All data and verified reviews as of 5pm on December 15th will be frozen and exported for analysis
- Any unverified reviews as of 5pm on December 15th will not count towards the competition under any circumstances
🧮 December 20-22: Analysis and Data Audit (Delayed by 2 days)
- HTR will send each participating company their final data to audit
- Each company will have until 5pm PST on December 22nd to reply with any questions
🌚 December 22-31: Winner Determination + Dark Period
- HTR will add company culture bonus points to companies' scores who make the top 10 best places to work list and determine the competition winners
- HTR will not be available for inquiry after the December 18th audit deadline through the holidays while winners are being determined
- HTR will prepare all marketing and communications to notify and announce winners including marketing materials, press releases, communications and assets for winners.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT HTR WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AND THE ON-SITE LIVE CHAT WILL BE DE-ACTIVATED DURING THE DARK PERIOD UNTIL AFTER WINNERS ARE NOTIFIED ON JANUARY 2ND
🤫 First Week of January: Winners Notified
Winners will be notified under embargo in advance of the public announcement
🥇 Tuesday January 12, 2020: Public Announcement of Winners
Embargo will end and winners will be publicly announced
Q: What should I be focused on leading into the final stretch of the awards?
A: As you turn the corner into the final stretch of the awards period, its time to make sure you've captured as many points as you can, the below list outlines what you should review to make sure you've done so.
- ☑️ Make sure you have met the minimum eligibility requirement by checking the HotelTechAwards slide out
- ☑️ Check the leaderboard to see how much of a lead you have (or how much you need to make up)
- ☑️ Make sure to list and verify all of your integrations
- ☑️ Make sure your team has completed the employee survey for a chance to make the 10 Best Places to Work list and earn company culture bonus points
- ☑️ Try to maximize your partner recommendations bonus (max pts milestone = 15 partner recommendations)
Q: Will the review manager be unlocked again to submit last minute verifications for reviews where the user didn't click the verification link?
A: Yes. The review manager will be unlocked for all awards participants for a short window from Wednesday December 9th @ 8am PST until Thursday December 10th @ 5pm PST to ensure that all companies have a chance to get any unverified reviews verified in advance of the awards closing on December 15th.
Q: If I'm showing in 1st place in the leaderboard on December 15th @ 5pm when data is frozen does that mean I've won my category?
No. Once data is frozen there are two variables that are not taken into consideration which are (1) any verified but not yet published reviews left by the 5pm deadline and (2) company culture points awarded off-platform to companies who make the 10 Best Places to Work.