If you don't know what matched leads are, please be sure to have a quick look at What Are 'Direct' vs. 'Matched' Leads?
Since matched leads have asked to be connected with top rated vendors based on their criteria but haven't stated that they want to connect with your company specifically--this is a great opportunity to reach buyers that otherwise didn't even have your company/product on their radar.
That said, you will want to make sure to factor this into your team's outreach and followup to matched leads. Below we have provided a suggested followup template for best practices for reaching out.
Tips and Best Practices
- Be Helpful: Offer guidance and advice to establish yourself as a thought leader
- Don't Be Aggressive: Nobody likes an aggressive sales person and this is likely to turn buyers off. First build rapport by being helpful in offering your advice, the time to sell will present itself organically
- Leverage Social Proof: You have awesome reviews on your HTR profiles so now is the time to leverage them! Build rapport by highlighting that you were a top match and directing them to your profile to see reviews from hoteliers in their region and segment.
- Be persistent: When was the last time you responded right away to a sales email? Didn't think so ; ). Don't be discouraged if you don't get a response right away, it typically takes 2-3 checkins to catch a prospect in a good mindset when they want to engage so make sure to be persistent (but still follow points 1 and 2 above in all communications...). We recommend using the Autoforward New Leads to CRM feature to save time and make sure no prospects fall through the cracks.
- Use document tracking: Using a tool like DocSend enables you to see how engaged users are.
Followup template for matched leads
I saw that you are currently in the market looking for a new [CATEGORY] solution for [NAME_OF_HOTEL] and were recently matched with [MY_COMPANY] as one of the best fit providers for you on Hotel Tech Report so just wanted to reach out to see if we might be able to assist in your search.
I know how hard finding the right [CATEGORY] provider can be so whether you're just getting started with your research or looking to switch yesterday, our team would be happy to hop on a call to share a bit more about our product but also help you get up to speed on the latest trends, functionality and best practices in the market to help in your search.
We have lots of [property_type] clients in [REGION] so we know your segment well (you can read some of their verified reviews on our HTR profile here) so would be happy to assist in any way we can.
Do you have some time next week for a quick call to get up to speed and give you a lay of the land?