Stay up-to-date with some of the improvements and changes to the 2019 HotelTechAwards
- Key dates
- Early pricing
- New categories
- Sample of 2018 winners
- New tools to help participants gather more reviews with less effort
1. Key dates for the 2019 HotelTechAwards:
- Aug 1: Regular registration opens
- Sept 1: Registration closes
- Official campaign period (Sept 1-Dec 15)
- Dec 16: Voting closes and data exported for analysis
- Jan 2: Winners notified
- Jan 14: Public announcement of winners
2. Early pricing available through July 31st
Sign up early to receive up to $100 discount per category entry through July 31st and to get a head-start on the competition. Early bird entries receive free access to Hotel Tech Report's premium functionality through September 1st which helps save time and gather more reviews (i.e. increases your chance at winning) View pricing and registration info
3. New categories in 2019
- Win by receiving the highest HotelTechScore amongst entries in your category, there will be a 120-day average review threshold applied at the end of the competition that will not show on your HotelTechScore.
- To be eligible each product must have a minimum of 10 reviews during the awards period
- 'Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech' will be determined via employee satisfaction surveys conducted by Hotel Tech Report (2018 Winners here). Entry is complementary with a minimum of one product entered into the awards.
So the million dollar question is: how do we find the company in each category with the happiest customers?
SCORING: We get a lot of questions about scoring, here's how it works.
The HotelTechScore is designed to gauge customer satisfaction. The 2 indicators we leverage are: quantity of customer advocates and their respective sentiment scores (i.e. ratings).
While you can't control honest and unbiased user ratings - you can control the # of client advocates that come out to support your business. Quantity of reviews in effect, is a reflection of how close your relationships are with your clients. Big companies have more clients but smaller ones often have closer relationships with each client which level the playing field.
Your HotelTechScore (and consequent ranking) is a good indicator of your standing in the category but it is not perfect and winners are not chosen based solely off of HotelTechScore.
There is one variable which will not be officially calculated until the end of the HotelTechAwards - this is an average review threshold during the voting period (September 1st - December 15th).
Essentially, to be in contention you'll need to meet the category average review threshold and the 120-day category average review threshold - this levels the playing field for all competitors while ensuring that previous winners are not punished for great work in the past. Try this HotelTechAwards voting calculator here to see how the scoring works.
5. Benefits of winning
- Sales & marketing collateral to leverage with prospects
- Participation in Hotel Tech Report branded marketing, e-blasts, press releases and advertising campaigns to celebrate winners (2018 winners on HospitalityNet)
- Premium placement and badge on HotelTechReport.com
- 1 free month of Hotel Tech Report premium membership
- 50% off sponsorship of HotelTechReport's 'Official Budget Season Buyers' Guide for your category
- Badges and graphics for your website, digital marketing and social media
- Promotion via Hotel Tech Report's Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages
- Free promotion in the annual 'Hoteliers Guide to the Ultimate Tech Stack' report: The annual report will be released in August and will be marketed during Fall-Winter. The report is be dynamic and has an interactive component that provides hoteliers with personalized recommendations to inform their budget season planning based on real time feedback on Hotel Tech Report (aka. the sooner you start your campaign the more of your data will be included in the recommendation engine output).
6. Sample 2018 Winners
- TrustYou Wins #1 in the HotelTechAwards 2018 for “Reputation and Review Management Software”
- ALICE Voted Best Concierge Software in the 2018 HotelTechAwards
- IDeaS Named 2018’s Top Rated Revenue Management Software in the HotelTechAwards
- Triptease is a HotelTechAwards winner!
7. New tools to help your team gather more reviews with less effort
We've been hard at work building some pretty awesome tools to help automate your feedback and review flow and make being customer centric a breeze. Login to your vendor dashboard for a tour or head here to learn more.
More info coming soon
- Most innovative hotel award
- New badges, perks, collateral and marketing opportunities
- Feedback and review campaign automation tools for vendors
- Scoring update: Review aging and recency factor (aka. weighting of previous reviews to new reviews)
- Scoring update: Incorporation of tie breaking variables into scoring