How to Get More Reviews with a Giveaway Campaign
- Why incentives are helpful when trying to gather B2B reviews
- Guidelines for running a giveaway campaign
- Steps for how to run a giveaway campaign (Basic members)
- Steps for how to run a giveaway campaign (Premium Members)
- Bonus: Free holiday giveaway campaign templates to show your customer appreciation and get more reviews before the holidays
Why incentives are helpful when trying to gather B2B reviews
In the B2B world incentives are more common than in the B2C space. On B2C sites like TripAdvisor, consumers find reviewing cathartic and empowering and view it as a scrapbooking or knowledge sharing tool to share with their friends on social channels (eg. show off your latest vacation/hotel experience). That said, reviewing B2B software companies isn't quite as fun as you can imagine (especially when you're swamped at work), so offering an incentive giveaway is a way to say thank you and show appreciation to your customers as well as show that you respect their time.
While there are restrictions around how these giveaways can be run (specifically it has to be random, not pay someone to write a review), the reason its so common is because customers are busy and essentially they're taking time out of their busy day to do your company a favor by showing their support to help you grow your business. As such, offering them something in exchange for taking time from their busy days is a respectful gesture in the B2B world while making it a bit more fun for them giving them a reason to leave a review.
Guidelines for running a giveaway campaign:
- Giveaway, not pay per review: A giveaway can be run with an incentive but offering pay per review (eg. Write a review, get a $20 gift card) is frowned upon for obvious reasons. It is a violation of our user privacy agreement to identify and single out who your reviewers are.
- Must be randomized: Winner selected from the giveaway must be selected at random without singling out a specific reviewer.
- No influence over review content: Again obvious but since you’re asking, I have to make sure I disclose. Basically can’t have team members telling customers they will pay them to write a good review.
While premium features make running a giveaway through the review manager seamless, basic members can also run giveaways through their own email marketing software and have Hotel Tech Report select their winners at random by following the steps below:
- Fill out the giveaway campaign submission form
- At the end of your campaign, we will download a list of all reviewers of your product and run a random number generator to select winners for you
- In order to ensure full privacy of users, we will reach out to the winners to inform them that they won, and get approval to share their email with your company so that they can collect their prize
Additional features available for running giveaway campaigns through the Review Manager for Premium Members
Premium Members have access to additional features that enable you to run a giveaway campaign seamlessly through the review manager.
- Upload a csv of the users you want to include in the giveaway campaign
- Customize your templates for your automated campaign to include information about your giveaway
- Launch your automated campaign in the review manager in the vendor dashboard
- As reviews come in, Premium Members can see who the reviewers are in the 'Inbox' tab that is unlocked
- Select a winner at random and notify them by responding to their review or emailing the client directly from the review manager
Bonus: Free holiday giveaway campaign template
The holidays are a great time to show your customers some love and what better way than by running a giveaway to customers who share their love for you by writing a review.
- Show customers your appreciation for them during the holidays
- Run a high converting giveaway campaign to get reviews before the end of the HotelTechAwards voting period
- Want to access the templates? Reach out via live chat to get the free holiday giveaway campaign template