The GCSC Customer Support Certification is an annual certification where HTR verifies and vouches for company's existing tools, processes and investments for delivering on their customer support and success promises to prospects and customers.
If your certification is expiring soon or has already expired you and you would like to renew, you can schedule a renewal call by clicking the link below.
How GCSC renewals work:
- ⏰ Certification expiration: The GCSC Customer Support Certification is valid for 1-year
- 🗓 Annual renewals: Each year certified companies have the option to renew their certification by scheduling a verification call similar to the initial verification call
- ☎️ Renewal verification call: On the renewal call, HTR will review and verify that all of your systems and processes are still in place as well as document any new rubric items you have implemented
- 🚀 Leveling up at renewal: Your company will have the opportunity to level up in the certification during renewal (ie. level I to level II)
- ♽ Updating your certification assets and reactivating your badge on HTR: Once your renewal verification call is complete, HTR will update all of your certification assets with new content including your announcement press release article, digital certificate, certified badge, social share graphic and email footer and your certification will be valid for 1-year
- 💸 Renewal fee (non-members): There is a nominal renewal fee of $500/year for non-members to renew their certification and for Hotel Tech Report to process the renewal, schedule the verification call and update all certification assets. Companies with >50 reviews in the trailing 12-months and an average customer support rating of 4.5 on Hotel Tech Report are eligible to get the renewal fee waived.
- 💸 Renewal fee (Premium members): Renewals are free for Premium Members on any plan
Why is there an annual certification renewal?
Companies change week-to-week, month-to-month and year-to-year. Therefore, it is critical that in order to maintain your certification and leverage the HTR brand that we are able to verify that companies currently have these systems in place which is why there is an annual renewal for the certification.
What happens if my company's certification expires?
If your company doesn't renew your certification and it expires, the badge will be de-activated on your Hotel Tech Report profiles and you will no longer be able to use the certification assets and/or mention Hotel Tech Report in your sales and marketing without a current and valid certification since HTR will no longer be able to verify to hoteliers the current status of your systems and processes since we have not audited them in over a year since the initial certification. You
What does the renewal fee go towards?
For members the renewal fee is waived as one of the benefits of membership. For non-members the renewal fee is a nominal fee for Hotel Tech Report to process the renewal, schedule the verification call and update all certification assets.
Is there a way to get the certification fee waived?
Yes, there are two ways to get the certification fee waived.
- Premium Members: One of the benefits included with all membership plans is that members get the annual renewal fee waived
- Non-members: Companies with outstanding reputations on Hotel Tech Reprot for customer support are eligible to get the certification fee waived. In order to qualify your company must have >50 reviews in the last 12-months and an average customer support rating of 4.5 on Hotel Tech Report to be eligible
Related article: Global Customer Support Certification (GCSC) FAQs