- Why Premium?
- What are the changes and new benefits included with membership?
- Is there a change in pricing for Premium 3.0 membership packages?
- What options is HTR offering for COVID crisis relief?
- What do I have to do to take advantage of the renewal offer?
- How does HTR membership stack up to other marketing investments?
1. Why Premium?
HotelTechReport is essentially a 24/7/365 virtual conference (but with 100x the reach at 1/10th the cost...) where 40k+ hoteliers across the globe come each month to learn about new ways to leverage tech to grow their businesses.
Instead of an expensive booth that gets taken down after 3-days--HTR's 'virtual conference' lasts all year long and Premium Members gain access to features, benefits & members only discounts to help build trust with buyers (sales enablement), bolster brand awareness (branding) and grow your install base (lead generation).
With the COVID crisis most of the hotel tech world's core acquisition and growth channels are frozen from outbound sales outreach to conferences which are cancelled for the foreseeable future but the good news is that hoteliers are still looking for tech on HotelTechReport so your online presence is more critical than ever to staying top of mind, attracting buyers and filling your sales pipeline.
HTR's all-inclusive annual membership packages are built to deliver year round value to your sales, marketing, product and content teams at a fraction of the cost of a single 3-day conference.
2. What are the changes and new benefits included with membership?
Since your last membership period we've been hard at work growing HTR's audience (more than 3x year-over-year!) and rolling out tons of new benefits to help our members build trust with buyers (sales enablement), bolster brand awareness (branding) and grow your install base (lead generation) including fully redesigned membership packages so be sure to check out what's new with Premium 3.0 Membership Packages.
3. Is there a change in pricing for Premium 3.0 membership packages?
The short answer is no. The only change in the pricing plans is that we no longer offer a 15% discount for upfront annual payment but instead offer an upfront payment incentive which includes HotelTechAwards entries, lead credit and review incentive cards none of which were previously included (and this incentive actually ends up being worth more than the 15% discount anyways!).
Since Premium 2.0 was rolled out in June 2019, HotelTechReport has grown its audience by more than 3x and added thousands of dollars in new features, benefits and discounts for members making membership more valuable than ever all without increasing prices in 2020 with the rollout of Premium 3.0. While typically we add new benefits and features to membership that come with a slight price increase, we know that this year is a difficult year for all of our members just like it is for us as well as all of our hotelier users so we want to do everything we can to help.
We know pricing and benefits are always a touchy subject so we fully document all changes in the Membership section of the updates center but here is a quick overview of each version of membership:
- 🚀 New Premium 1.0 Membership (Oct 2018): The first membership plan ever rolled out on HotelTechReport which included basic functionality like v1 premium profiles, v1 automated review manager and press release posting.
- 🚀 New Premium 2.0 Membership (June 2019): Updated membership plans with new benefits including hosted report+unlimited downloads, content credits, discounted sponsored content and advertising, new automation features for the automated review manager and more (Price change from previous year: + $1,200/year)
- 🚀 New Premium 3.0 Membership (April 2020): This year we added thousands of dollars in new features, benefits and discounts for members (Price change from prior year: no price increase to help companies struggling during the COVID crisis)
4. What options is HTR offering for COVID crisis relief?
- Thousands of dollars in new benefits for members without increasing prices from last year's 2.0 Membership plans
- 60-day extension on HTR's standard membership renewal offer
- 60-day deferred payment terms for companies who need it
- 2x renewal bonus for companies who renew within the standard renewal period (prior to membership expiration)
5. What do I have to do to take advantage of the renewal offer?
To take advantage of the renewal offer, lock in current pricing and maintain access to your Premium benefits (eg. upgraded ad-free profiles, access to premium dashboard features, unlimited free press release posting, recurring content coverage, discounted leads, and more)--please make sure to renew prior to the membership expiration date listed above.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our team for assistance and we look forward to welcoming Company name back to Premium for the coming year!
6. How does HTR membership stack up to other potential marketing investments?
There are lots of potential investments you can make to grow your install base and that serve different goals, but what makes HTR's Premium Membership unique is that its a full stack marketing solution that is fully turnkey, hits all of your goals and costs a fraction of the price of other channels.
- Generate Demand (comp to Google PPC): While HTR only offers leads, and not a click model, Google PPC advertising is the most popular alternative to online lead gen. The problem is that (a) its really hard to find traffic on Google (b) you have to spend thousands of dollars and dozens of hours experimenting to refine your strategy and targeting and (c) even after all of that you still get junk traffic because everybody on the world is searching on Google! With HTR not only are all of our leads qualified and verified, but we do all the work for you so all you do is press accept/reject when we send you new business! To even run a small test on Google you'd have to spend 5k-10k (the same amount as a full year's membership on HTR that comes with loads more benefits!)
- Develop Value Add Content (HTR vs. to an outsourced content agency or internal content team): Developing content that has authority, creativity, high design and domain expertise is hard, time consuming and expensive. Members on Pro and Plus plans gain access to HTR's content studio that delivers turnkey content production (with built in distribution and promotion) that costs a fraction of what it would cost for even a single internal hire to manage and create content or work with an outsourced agency.
- Stay Top of Mind with Buyers (HTR vs. PR Agency): PR Agencies are typically reserved for enterprise clients because they start at around 5k/mo retainer to make recommendation, guide campaign strategy and mostly get your brand featured in relevant sources. HTR does this for a fraction of the cost on a global scale through a brand hoteliers know and trust right where hoteliers are doing their buying research. HTR Premium Members unlock the power to build their own brand through social proof and customer voice via premium profiles and HTR sponsored content comes with promotion to our audience of 40k+ monthly hoteliers, social channels and email newsletter (25k+ list size).
- Build Brand Awareness (HTR vs. Events/Conferences): HotelTechReport is essentially 24/7/365 virtual conference (but with 100x the reach at 1/10th the cost) where 40k+ hoteliers across the world come each month to learn about new ways to leverage tech to grow their businesses. Instead of a conference hall and (expensive) booths--our 'virtual conference' leverages user generated reviews, proprietary data, automated tools, expertly crafted content and hyper-targeted advertising to educate buyers and connect them with best-fit vendors with the foundation of everything we do being rooted in unbiased customer reviews to building trust with buyers. Below are a few ways to compare HTR membership with a typical conference.