Everything you need to know to succeed in the 2020 HotelTechAwards
The HotelTechAwards are the hotel industry’s only data driven awards platform that recognizes companies who impress the judges who really matter - their customers. Each year more more than a hundred of the top companies in the global hotel tech community compete to be finalists or win their respective categories.
HotelTechAwards updates center
Not registered yet? Register now
- What are the benefits of registering?
- What’s new this year: New scoring, hotelier awards, nominees and more...
- What are the key dates and deadlines for the competition?
- The official guide to setting your strategy and winning the HotelTechAwards
What are the benefits of registering?
Winners, finalists and nominees receive a suite of benefits including press, proprietary content, marketing collateral, sales enablement tools, badges and promotion on Hotel Tech Report to help differentiate and promote their businesses to prospective (and existing) clients.
- What is a winner? For each category there is an overall winner and regional winners. Winners receive the highest overall score in their categories (or in the People’s Choice competition). In addition to the benefits above, winners also receive content opportunities like an exclusive option to sponsor their category’s annual budget season buyer's guide for a fraction of the cost.
- What is a finalist? Finalists come in 2nd and 3rd place in their respective categories.
- What is a nominee? Nominees are registrants who achieve the minimum threshold (10 reviews during the awards period) but do not place in the top 3 places.
What’s new this year?
New scoring variables, hotelier awards, nominee designations and more
NEW BONUS SCORING VARIABLES
While the HotelTechScore (aka HT Score) is still the primary metric looked at to determine winners, this year there will be several new bonus scoring variables that allow for companies to earn additional points for achieving milestones indicative of company viability and customer engagement. New bonus variables that total up to 26 additional points will be added to participants' HT Score on December 15th when the awards period closes to determine winners. The new bonus variables include:
- Customer Advocates (3 points): Company with the most verified customer reviews in the category
- Global Reach (1-3 points): # of countries where the company has at least 5 verified clients reviews
- Peer/Expert Recommendations (2-4 points): # of peer recommendations from industry partners including consultants and vendor partners
- Integrations (3 points): Top 2 products in the category with the most verified integrations in the category
- Certified Customer Service (1-4 points): Verified customer support certification tier based on the Global Support Certification Standards
- Employee Happiness (2 pts): Top 10 companies in the Best Places to Work competition in the HotelTechAwards Employee survey link
NEW RECOGNITION OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Nominee designation: New this year we will be recognizing nominees who meet HotelTechAwards standards (10+ reviews, 80%+ client satisfaction) an official press release about nominations.
- Breakout companies designation: Companies who didn’t final last year and achieve more than 25 reviews (80%+ client satisfaction) during the awards period
- Startup watch designation: Exclusive recognition for startups that achieve nomination status (startups must be: under 15 employees or less than 2 years old)
What are the key dates and deadlines for the competition?
Beginning September 1st and throughout the awards period participants will receive notifications with coaching tips and guidance as to exactly how to maximize their chances of winning throughout the awards period.
Aug 1: Regular registration opens
Aug 31: Regular registration closes
Sept 1 - Dec 15: Official campaign period to gather reviews/earn points
Sept 15: Partner recommendations link sent to participating companies
Oct 1: Best Places to Work survey link sent to participating companies
Dec 16: Voting closes and data exported for analysis
Jan 2: Winners are notified
Jan 14: Public announcement of winners
The official guide to setting your strategy and winning the HotelTechAwards
- 9-key variables to maximize your score
- Examples, tips & explanations for each variable
- Scoring calculator