- What does it mean to be an underwriter?
- What are the benefits?
- What is the process once my company registers?
- How much does it cost?
- Is there a performance marketing model available?
- How can I communicate value/ROI to my team?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO UNDERWRITE A BUYERS GUIDE?
An underwriter is essentially a sponsor who also has a say in the content and voice of the guide. Each budget season Hotel Tech Report partners with top companies in each category to produce an annual buyers guide to help hoteliers learn the ins-and-outs of each critical category of hotel technology.
Each year we offer 1 underwriter spot per category on a first come first serve basis where we partner to (a) collaborate on and develop thought leadership content to educate buyers and (b) promote our partners' brands to buyers interested in their respective category. The opportunity is part sponsored content, part advertising/promotion:
- Sponsored content: Turnkey content creation where you fill out a quick survey and we do the rest and output a finished co-branded report for you to use for your own sales/marketing and lead gen initiatives (eg. lead gen on your website, sales/marketing collateral, digital advertising, social media promotion...etc).
- Advertising/Promotion: Exclusive promotion of your buyers guide on Hotel Tech Report for a full year through next budget season. Your brand is featured in the following places for the full year through budget season next year (at no additional cost and no monthly): home page, category banner, category index.
Want to check remaining availability for 2020 Budget Season?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Easiest content you'll ever produce: Other than filling out a quick survey Hotel Tech Report handles the rest. We save your team the time and hassle of generating trustworthy lead gen content.
- Establish your brand as the thought leader in your category: Your guide gets published front and center on both the HTR homepage and on your respective category alongside other top vendors (want to see which other vendors have underwritten their category buyers guide? Click here)
- Leverage the Hotel Tech Report brand: Other than being complex and time consuming, developing your own content comes with inherent bias and thus loses trust with prospects. Partner with HTR to remove the inherent bias of self promotional content that is developed and promoted internally.
- Lead generation: Underwriters get a 1-year license to leverage your guide for lead gen initiatives (ex. website downloads, digital marketing, social advertising, etc). HTR spins up a landing page for each underwriter to leverage for their own lead gen initiatives (ex. to use in your digital marketing, retargeting campaigns, website lead gen, social media promotion, etc). Leads generated through the underwriter's marketing, advertising and promotion of the buyers guide that come through their dedicated landing page are exclusively yours to keep and 100% free. We also spin up a landing page which Hotel Tech Report uses to drive our own marketing, promotion, and paid media traffic to in order to promote each buyers guide (Note: While each underwriter benefits from their logo and brand being front and center in Hotel Tech Report's paid media campaigns--leads generated through our efforts and paid media budget are not included in the 1-time annual underwriter fee)
WHAT IS THE PROCESS ONCE WE REGISTER?
While underwriters contribute their thought leadership and insights to shape the document through their lens, Hotel Tech Report does everything for you making this the easiest content your team will ever produce.
- Complete the Short Category Questionnaire: Once registered, we will send you a quick Google Doc questionnaire (sample here) for your team to complete. This enables you to shape/guide the content
- We edit, design, publish: We take care of the rest, send you a draft for your approval.
- Revise/edit: Once we send you the first draft, your team may review, request additional brand placements and send us revisions.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO UNDERWRITE A CATEGORY BUYERS GUIDE?
The cost it is a 1-time fee of $2500 to be the exclusive underwriter for that category and buyers guide for the full year through next budget season (aka no other vendors will be promoted/featured in the category). The registration fee includes:
- Sponsored content for your lead gen: Turnkey content creation where you fill out a short category questionnaire and we produce a polished co-branded report for you to use for your own sales/marketing and lead gen initiatives (eg. lead gen on your website, sales/marketing collateral, digital advertising, social media promotion...etc).
- A full year of exclusive promotion on Hotel Tech Report: Exclusive promotion of your buyers guide on Hotel Tech Report for a full year through next budget season. Your brand is featured in the following places for the full year through budget season next year (at no additional cost and no monthly): home page, category banner, category index.
- 30-days of Free HTR Premium Membership (NEW): Buyers guide underwriters receive 30 days of free premium (up to $599 value) which includes unlimited free content posting, upgraded profiles and access to the premium review manager to effortlessly generate reviews and improve your ranking. (Want to learn more about Premium? Click here)
IS THERE A PERFORMANCE MARKETING MODEL AVAILABLE?
We do not offer a pay-per-performance model for buyers guides. For companies interested in performance marketing, you can learn more about our lead bidding program here.
The 1-time annual underwriter fee is for the sponsored content opportunity to be promoted exclusively as the featured brand in each respective category for the following year through budget season. As mentioned above, we create one landing page for Hotel Tech Report, and one for the underwriter. Leads generated through each underwriter's own landing page and marketing campaigns are exclusively yours to keep and are 100% free; however, leads generated through HTR's landing page and paid media campaigns are not included in the 1-time underwriter fee. The underwriter fee includes:
- Easy/turnkey content that is co-branded with HTR: Save vendors time and hassle of developing lead gen content
- Co-branding: One of the main benefits of partnering with HTR is to create a piece of content for your team to use in your own lead gen that eliminates the inherent bias of self promotional content that is developed and promoted internally
- Content to use for your own lead gen: 1-year license to use the guide for your own lead gen initiatives (eg. website downloads, digital marketing, social advertising, etc)
- Exclusive promotion of your brand and your guide on HTR for the year: Think of this as advertising on HTR home page and category page for 12-months--so basically a $200/mo banner...which is like a single post in other industry publications.
HOW CAN I COMMUNICATE ROI TO MY TEAM
The buyers guide opportunities are meant to justify the cost whether vendors are interested in sponsored content for their lead gen, advertising to promote their brand or perks to enhance their presence and visibility online.
- Sponsored Content Value/ROI: Other than the time, energy and complexity savings your team will benefit from by having Hotel Tech Report produce this content for you--companies who use their buyers guide for lead generation realize a positive ROI if they believe they can attract even 1 lead that closes in the 12-month period (assuming your average deal size is over $2500/year)
- Advertising/Promotion Value: Just considering the advertising benefits of underwriting the guide alone with home page and category page placement and banners, it comes out to $200/mo ($2500/12 months). So for the cost of a single post on most industry publication sites, underwriters receive exclusive promotion on Hotel Tech Report for a full year
- Additional Perks (more than $650+ in value): Between $500 in lead credits and a free month of HTR Premium ($150-$599/mo), underwriters receive a minimum of $650 in additional perks
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS
Reach out anytime via the 24/7 on-site live chat, we're here to help!